Saturday 6 December 2008

Cause I let you down my friend, but I'll never let you down again

This is another random post. Once again my mind is everywhere as if it's a car driving down the street at 200 miles/hour. 
I've been watching a lot of movies lately. The past few week I went through the following: -Futurama -Get Smart -The Sharp End -Russell Peters -Quantum of Solace -Wanted
The Sharp End trailer, great movie!
I don't know if it's because the lack of decent TV programs to watch (I only get 28 channels only ~10 watchable ones), the crappy Vancouver weather, or that I have nothing to do. In some way it's kinda nice to catch up on some of the movies I haven't watched but deep inside I just want to play outside and take pictures... why wouldn't it snow? A few tele turns down the slope and maybe a few tele-face-plants into fresh powder. Is that too much to ask Snow God? Maybe Snow God is angry at us for driving too much? I signed up on Wordpress today and played in the sandbox like a little kid. The Wordpress themes are way more professional looking than Blogger's but somehow I feel constrained. To use the "advanced" features (CCS) one would have to pay. Being the cheap bastard I am, I realy don't want to pay. So the option is stick with "old" blogger (I haven't switch over to the new layout) or jump the ship and move over to Wordpress. I guess only time will tell... Last night I was talking to Stacy on G-talk (aka the ex-wife. Ok I think this inside joke needs to die) and somehow the conversation stumbled upon the topic of love interests. You see there is this girl I was interested in and made several attempts for a casual date/coffee/whatever you call it. Anyway, she seemed to be always busy and never really replied my messages despite making myself pretty clear that I'm interested. Eventually I got fed up and decided that she's not worth my time. "She's not worth your time," Stacy wrote as I told her about they story.
Funny cuz that's exactly what Lorraine said too...
"So tell me the top 5 traits you're looking for." "Outdoorsy is a must, or at least have an appreciation for the outdoors." "And she must be sarcastic and not afraid to be goofy. I mean look at our circle of friends. We're all fucking goof-balls." "Touche." This morning I helped Stacy moving to her place in Kits. It's a really nice 1 bedroom place. Funny that I've seen her place already considering that she hasn't yet seen my apartment since I moved in back in May. I seriously need to lock myself in a cave, away from the civilization for a while, just to prevent myself from spending money on goodies. I made a few big purchases the last two months - an outdoor down jacket, winter outdoor gear, and a MacBook Pro. Today I went to MEC and purchased myself this. Yes I bought a $420 avalanche beacon. It was painful giving the cashier my Visa card and singing the receipt. MEC rents out beacons at $35/week. I better head out a lot this winter season to justify this insane purchase... Oh I've decided to give Twitter another try after reading Tyler's recent post. You can find me at http://twitter.com/tawcan (it's not that hard to figure out isn't it?) Time to make myself dinner and maybe watch another movie. Ha!